Download the application form as a PDF - click here
Currently available: Flat 4 10A East Reach
We are a new organisation with only four flats at present, however vacancies do arise from time to time - keep an eye on our website and Facebook page. Also, we are planning the construction of new flats in 2018 and would welcome applications from prospective tenants. If you'd like to be involved in their design and development with a view to moving in to one when it is complete, please do use this application form to express interest. It will provide us with useful information about you, though we of course understand that your circumstances may be liable to change.
Would you like to be a tenant at our first development in the centre of Taunton?
- Affordable rents and Housing Benefit considered – even if you are under 35.
- You can become a voting member of the land trust, and have a say in how the property is managed.
- Eco-technologies make the rooms cosy and the cost of living low.
- While paying rent you can build up a fund that will help you with future housing costs, almost as though you had a small mortgage.
- Communal facilities planned for the site include a meeting room, garden, and laundry.
- Free high speed broadband internet connection.
- Pets may be considered, subject to prior approval.
We are especially keen to help people in one of three situations:
- In housing need (for example, homeless or in temporary or overcrowded housing);
- At risk of homelessness (for example, being asked to leave, nearing the end of your tenancy, or going through a relationship breakup with nowhere to live);
- Unsuitably housed (spending more than a third of your income on housing, fuel poor, or in an unhealthy home).
If there are more applicants than we have rooms available, we will use a process of interviews and questionnaires to establish who will get the greatest benefit from the accommodation.
We do have some expectations of our tenants. You must be willing to attend residents meetings, and contribute positively to community living; agree with other tenants how to manage collective chores such as cleaning the common areas; support the values and objectives of the land trust (see our website, www.somerset.coop/landtrust); be aware that this is a car free development - no parking spaces for personal cars are available (though deliverers and visitors may be able to park); have a plan for regular savings, for example with the local credit union; and be prepared resolve problems and conflicts with the help and support of the management committee.
You will need to provide a deposit, but if you need help with this we can assist. You will also need to pay rent promptly by standing order. There will be a six month probationary period, after which you can expect to stay as long as you need to.
Apart from these requirements, we are committed to providing equal opportunities wherever possible.